Getting Started: Introduction
- Have a strong grasp of a programming language such as Python, C, C++, Ruby, or any of the other languages out there.
- Have your favorite code editor or IDE installed (one such example is VSCode)
- Stay motivated. Constructing a compiler is not easy, so keep pushing; it’s worth the effort.
When making a compiler, you need to decide which of 2 types of language the compiler will be.
Toy language: This is when you make a programming language which doesn’t fix an issue, but is for learning. Fun examples of these are
Programming language: These are the languages which aim to solve a problem or bring something new and unique to the table. These can be compared to languages like
During your journey, it is inevitable that you will stumble over something which you have no idea about, but hopefully, one of these resources will aid you.
- +Friendly to beginners
- +Aided the creation of
- Contains everything you’d ever want to know about a compiler, but it’s advanced and a long read
- This is another highly praised book on compiler design